In this blog I will post:
- My ideas about/analyses of K-pop in relation to feminism, the music industry (both North American and Korean), and the portrayal of Asian femininity in media (both North American and Korean).
- Continued exploration of my diminished and/or burgeoning identity as a Korean/Chinese-Canadian woman who has never visited the country my mother came from over 40 years ago.
- Relations between K-pop and above exploration.
- Lately, music criticism.
- Songs or videos that I’m obsessed with.
- Pictures of idols that I’m obsessed with.
- I’m a Korean/Chinese-Canadian in Toronto.
- This is my regular Tumblr.
- This is all the music I listen to.
- I’m a feminist and a lazy anti-racist.
- I’m not sure if my approach to K-pop is rockist or popist.
- A lot of this blog is me learning how to think and write about what I want to say, so some posts are not great, but I leave them up because it’s me learning.
- I mostly post songs that I have something interesting to say about. I don’t like every song that I post, nor do I post every song that I like.
- Favourite posts I’ve written so far: my rock-inspired K-pop mix, a response to that Maclean’s article and a brief history of 2PM. This is also a good representation of the spectrum of subjects I write about.